Join our dynamic team! Fill out our application form below and submit with a resumé, please. We will contact you if we’d like to set up an interview. All full timers can become eligible for company benefits including health, dental, vision, and short-term disability. Pay is commensurate with experience. Please, be sure to complete ALL fields on the application, and please understand that we will only contact you to set up an interview if you have the qualifications and experience for the position listed in the linked Job Descriptions.
TechniBlend/ProBrew is looking for a self-starter, ambitious Field Service Technician to deliver world-class technical customer service and support. This person will work directly within the Technical Service Group and manage multiple customers and projects. Service Technicians frequently correspond with customers; maintain oversight on equipment, service machinery, and travel to customer facilities. The goal is to drive service success that improves customer satisfaction, maximizes customer retention and increases profitability.
- Support TechniBlend/ProBrew (OEM) equipment and systems at customer production facilities
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical errors with equipment and determine proper solutions
- Remotely monitor the effectiveness and performance of equipment via remote access software and direct communication with customers
- Perform modifications, upgrades and routine maintenance to existing equipment in order to meet customer needs and requirements
- Perform trouble shooting of mechanical, controls, and instruments at fabrication shop or at customer site locations
- Work well with customers and fellow technical service and engineering personnel
- Provide training to the customer staff on equipment operation
- Produce timely, accurate and detailed service reports
- Comprehend customer requirements and make appropriate recommendations and modifications as required
- Schedule and plan service calls and customer visits
- Proven field service and technical service experience and aptitude
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service technical equipment
- Ability to work flexible shifts and adapt to changing work schedules
- Willingness to travel 50%-60% of the time (primarily domestic / USA)
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends
- Able to effectively organize, schedule, and carry out work assignments with minimal supervision
- Read and interpret technical manuals, blueprints, diagrams
- Understanding of the safe operation of hand tools and power equipment
- Effective communication skills, verbal as well as written
- Well-developed skills in problem solving and troubleshooting
- Broad technical knowledge of process and/or industrial automation
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to perform mechanical and physical tasks
- Brewing, Food & Beverage processing equipment experience a plus
- Ambitious, fun & flexible
- Organized, with strong time management skills and a strong work ethic
- Technical curiosity is critical
- High attention to detail
Education and Experience:
- Requesting (not required) 3 to 5 years of experience in installation, industrial maintenance, and troubleshooting of processing systems preferred
- Associates or technical degree in engineering or related field required. – Prefer higher level education in engineering, electronics, programming, etc.
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and process systems used in the brewing, food & beverage production industry
- Experience with various control systems and PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers), especially Rockwell Automation / Allen-Bradley systems
- Experience with mechanical process equipment such as pumps, valves, meters and other components
- Computer knowledge: Microsoft Office, Excel and Word
TechniBlend/ProBrew designs and manufactures engineered process & packaging machines for the craft brewing, food & beverage, consumer products, and chemical industries. Our equipment utilizes cutting edge technology to improve our customers’ productivity, efficiency, and product quality while delivering a high rate of return on their investment. We supply complete brew houses, beverage blenders, bottling and canning lines, inline carbonation systems, complete cellar systems, refrigeration systems, and complete turnkey breweries & plants. Many of our customers are some of the world’s most familiar brands such as Anheuser-Busch, Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Kraft Foods, MillerCoors, Sam Adams, and many Craft Breweries, etc.
Type: Full Time
Functions: Technical Service
Industries: Primary-Brewing, Food & Beverage
Company Location: Greater Milwaukee Area (New Berlin, WI)
- Develop control system architecture for food & beverage processing & blending equipment.
- Develop automation systems including hardware and software for processing systems.
- Design, implement, and support PLC and operator interface systems.
- Perform modifications to existing equipment to meet customer needs.
- Creation of electrical schematics, panel layouts, and supporting system documentation.
- Develop systems that incorporate PLC control systems, temperature control, flow control, process instrumentation and CIP control technology.
- Work well with fellow engineering and assembly personnel.
- Install and debug equipment in a testing environment.
- Perform revisions to electrical schematics, panel layouts, and supporting documentation throughout the life of a project.
- Develop process understanding of products and systems.
- Ability to manage projects required – coordinating with various departments within the company and customers.
- The ability to work with people in a team environment.
- Effective communication skills, verbal as well as written.
- Attention to detail is a must to thoroughly document all designs.
- Well-developed skills in problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Processing equipment experience a plus.
- Ambitious, fun & flexible.
- Technical curiosity is critical.